If I could go back in time and talk to the child me I would say the following:
1) Naps are good. Take them whenever possible. You’ll remember them fondly later on.
2) Middle school sucks. Just get through it. This, too, shall pass.
3) Be nice to your sister. She’ll be a good friend later on.
4) Invest in the following companies later on: Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft.
5) Go to community college for the first two years; then transfer to a 4-year-college. You’ll save a lot of money.
6) Don’t date THAT guy. Or THAT one either. You’ll regret it.
7) I’ve seen your yearbook photos. That haircut, Really?!
8) Don’t ditch that friend. That was a really jerky thing to do.
9) Your first job at Burger King? Forget it. The boss is a jerk.
10) Everyone is not looking at you and judging you. They have their own lives.
11) Moving to another state is not the end of the world. You’ll make new friends.
12) You will think it is an awesome idea to stick a fork into an outlet. It is NOT an awesome idea.
13) No, you will not fly if you jump off the roof with an umbrella. I promise.
14) Grades are not the be all and end all.
15) It does get better
What would you tell your child self if you could go back in time?