1. All moms are imperfect mommies.
2. An imperfect mommy has finger paint/nail polish/marker/crayon on some surface in her house and probably on most of her clothes.
3. An imperfect mommy must sometimes vacuum the kitchen table before she wipes it down (okay, sometimes, she just vacuums it).
4. An imperfect mommy’s house is never as clean as she wants it. Neither is her car. Her hair. Or really anything.
5. An imperfect mommy will pretend that she didn’t notice the legos she vacuumed up. And under no circumstances will she open the bag to retrieve them.
7. An imperfect mommy accepts her limitations and even laughs at them on occasion.
8. An imperfect mommy sometimes counts down the hours until her children’s bedtime. (And, always counts down the hours until her’s!)
9. An imperfect mommy loves her children dearly.
10. An imperfect mommy may send her child to pre-k/kindergarten in horribly mismatched clothes because her child is so proud to have gotten dressed “all by myself.”
11. An imperfect mommy may pretend that the child peeing in the sandbox is not hers.
12. Imperfect mommies are not bad moms.
13. Imperfect mommies frequently question whether they are doing the “right” thing for their kids. Imperfect moms hope and strive to be “good enough” moms.